Monday, August 1, 2011

Catalogue Copy

Last week when I received my ARCs, I noticed there was a little something extra in the box:
It's the Winter 2012 Bloomsbury/Walker catalogue!

Incidentally, that cover art belongs to my fellow Apocalypsie Megan Miranda's Fracture. I've been lucky enough to read an ARC of this book and it's absolutely stunning. I can totally see why Bloomsbury chose to make Delaney (Megan's main character) their cover girl!

And look what's on page 33.

It's so pretty and colorful and full page-like!

My favorite part is that Bloomsbury does these Debut Discovery "From the Editor's Desk" notes for all their debut authors. Here's a close-up of mine.

 Oh, I love it. Thanks, Stacy!

Now, is it considered bad form to ask your editor to blurb your book?

By the way, Firefox's spell check keeps wanting me to spell catalogue without a 'ue' at the end. But I refuse, Firefox. I have looked it up and both are technically correct so you can just continue to chase your own tail, my friend.

5 comments:

  1. I love that editor's note, too. What a great addition to the catalogue! And now that I've had a chance to read an ARC, I totally agree!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled for you, Sarvenaz. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarvenaz, so exciting to see your book (and the lovely editor's note) in print! And yay for Megan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats... I would say no, it's not bad form!

    ReplyDelete