That means that, finally, The Mapmaker and the Ghost has made its way out into the world! I have many lovely thoughts and feelings about this, some of which you can read about in my guest posts/interviews today:
Guest Posts to Explore:
Lucky 13s (where a very lucky monkey comes into play)
Class of 2K12 (all about release date shenanigans)
The O.W.L. (confessions of what I was like in middle school. Hint: not popular)
A Thousand Wrongs (with a chance to win another copy of Mapmaker simply by commenting)
The Reading Fever (where you can find out my Rock Band name and my karaoke jam)
Saundra Mitchell's 9 Spot (where I finally come clean about zombies vs. unicorns)
Take all those feelings and also add "extremely excited" about my Release Day Grand Giveaway! Update: The giveaway is now closed. Thanks so much to everyone who entered! The winners can be found at the bottom of this post.
This is definitely the most special and biggest giveaway that I've done. All those feelings...I want to share them!
One lucky grand prize winner will receive:
1 one-of-a-kind, hand-illustrated, annotated and signed copy of The Mapmaker and the Ghost. The illustrations are done by super famous and talented artist, Graig Kreindler (who also happens to be my fiance). Graig and I will both sign it. (And Graig's artwork really is amazing: you can judge it for yourself here.)
Goldenrod's Adventure Kit featuring:
- 1 golden compass (the same one Goldenrod received for her 11th birthday and which I used for a very secret Goldenrod-related project last year)
- 1 unlined notebook (for sketches of newly discovered flora and fauna)
- 1 lined notebook (for observational notes)
- 1 notebook with gridded paper (for mapmaking, of course!)
- 3 brand new pencils
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 measuring tape
- 1 roll of duct tape (Goldenrod's dad would never leave home without it -- for good reason!)
Swag Pack featuring:
- 1 bookmark (which will contain a way for true explorers to find the super-secret project mentioned above)
- 1 sticker set
- 1 set of buttons
And since we've reached 300 entries, I'm throwing in an extra prize! So...
One first-place winner will receive:
A signed and personalized hardcover copy of The Mapmaker and the Ghost with a hand-drawn illustration on the title page (also courtesy of Graig).
The swag pack you see above.
5 runners-up will also receive a swag pack containing a bookmark, sticker set and signed bookplate.
How to Enter:
There are loads of ways! You can do one or all of them and here they are:
- comment on this blog post (+1 entry)
- like my page on Facebook (+1 entry)
- follow me on Twitter (+1 entry)
- follow this blog (+1 entry)
- add The Mapmaker and the Ghost to your shelf on Goodreads (+1 entry)
- tweet about this giveaway (+2 entries per day)
- tweet about The Mapmaker and the Ghost Teaching Guide (+2 entries)
- post about this giveaway on Facebook (+2 entries)
- comment on my guest post at Lucky 13s (+2 entries)
- comment on my guest post at Class of 2K12 (+2 entries)
- comment on my guest post on The O.W.L. (+2 entries)
- comment on my guest post on A Thousand Wrongs (+2 entries)
- comment on my guest post at The Reading Fever (+2 entries)
- comment on my guest post at Saundra Mitchell's 9 Spot (+2 entries)
- post about this giveaway on your blog (+3 entries)
- take a photo of The Mapmaker and the Ghost "in the wild" (at a bookstore, in a library, in your living room, etc.) and post it to my Facebook fan page or Tweet it to me @SarvenazTash (+5 entries)
Just remember to fill out the Rafflecopter form below indicating which of the methods of entry you did. (Otherwise your entries won't be counted!)
This contest will be open until May 1st at 11:59 PM EST. U.S. only.
Good luck! And have fun! (Goldenrod would.)
Grand Prize: Vivien
First-Place Prize: Billy H.
Runners-Up: Mikel A., Karen D., Alicia E., Cassie F., Lori T.
All winner have 48 hours to respond with their addresses, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.