Thursday, April 19, 2012

Upcoming Event: Great Middle Grade Reads at Books of Wonder, NYC, 4/28

I am super excited to announce that on April 28th, I will be part of the Great Middle Grade Reads panel at the glorious Books of Wonder in New York City.

You should know that: Books of Wonder is one of my favorite bookstores. If you're in Manhattan and you haven't been there...go! It's a gorgeous independent bookstore dedicated to children's literature that's been around since 1980. (It's located on 18th St. between 5th and 6th Ave.)

But, wait. I haven't even told you the best part yet! I was asked to be on this panel, sitting alongside:

Maryrose Wood (author of The Incorrigible Children series)


Marie Rutkoski (author of The Jewel of the Kalderash)


And R.J. Palacio (author of Wonder)


And then little old me.
Am I honored?
Yes! Beyond...

Am I excited?
Thrilled!

Wait a minute, isn't this the same day as my launch party?
Ha! Yes, yes it is. It's actually the morning of (well, debatable whether noon is morning or not but for some of us night owls, it is) of my launch party which is also taking place on the 28th at 7 PM at another fabulous bookstore: BookCourt in Brooklyn.

So, yup, I'll be bookstore-hopping in not one, but two boroughs of NYC on Saturday, the 28th. If you're in the neighborhood, please consider dropping by to one, or, hey, both!

Now I wonder if I can set something up to do in Queens, Bronx and Staten Island between the hours of 2 and 7...

3 comments:

  1. Huzzah!! There can never be too much Sarvenaz Tash in my life, so two events in one day sounds amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying hello! :) And congrats on your book. MAPMAKER looks completely enchanting and I can't wait to read it. Also, I'm happy to know you loved Book-It. You're a kindred spirit, most definitely. Have fun at your launch party!

    ReplyDelete