Update: And the winner of the third Geek-Off is...Billy! For incorporating Spider-Man, Sandman and Star Wars into one wedding, there is one Geek mug coming your way.
It's New York Comic Con week here in ye ole NYC. I am SADLY unable to attend this time around. But to make me feel a little bit better, let's honor that glorious celebration of nerddom by voting for a winner of the Geek-Off!
Without further ado, the entries are:
1. The person who incorporates Transformers into his breakfast specials, wakes up to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures, creates Power Ranger memes, and pretends his pizza was delivered by everyone's favorite Italian plumber.
2. The person whose wedding included Lego Princess Leia and Han Solo cake toppers, had a reading from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman and had a ceremony incorporating this line from Spider-Man: "With great power, comes great responsibility."
3. The person who made all of these pie toppers for her wedding:
4. The person who named his son Logan after Wolverine. When his son found out that Logan's birth name was James Howlett, he asked to be referred to as James and still believes it should be changed legally.
5. The person who has the following 3 items in the top drawer of his desk, within easy
reach to be used at any time:
OBD-II diagnostic scanner, to tell what's causing the Check Engine light
in a car, or perform emissions inspections in his garage
2) digital calipers, precise down to smaller than a millimeter
3) a wristwatch spanner, for removing the backs of watches when you need to replace the battery inside
6. An unlinkable video of two people singing along to Train. Unlinkable for fear of dramatic repercussions.
7. The person attending the Otakon manga and anime convention with her daughter.
Vote now for your favorite(s)! You can vote for more than one. Voting will remain open until Monday, October 15th at 5 PM EST.