Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Is That Holiday Where Manuscripts Magically Revise Themselves...Right?

Checking in from NaNoRevMo! I finally made it past page 100 yesterday in my revisions. Of course, the second half of the book is the one that needs the most from-scratch work but let's not focus on that at the moment.

It's Thanksgiving week so let's focus on the reasons to celebrate:

- a shortened work week
- a delicious home-cooked meal courtesy of my amazing mother.
- oh and my sister's mashed potatoes! Which are also amazing, especially when she makes them extra lumpy for me.
- the fact that Thanksgiving calories, much like birthday calories, don't count. *
- the fact that I will magically emerge from this 4-day weekend much farther along in my revisions, exactly like the Pilgrims of yore. ** That is what is meant by revisionist history, yes?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Anyone have any exciting plans (writing-related or not) to share?


*This may not be factual.
**This may also not be factual on both counts.

1 comment:

  1. I plan to catch up/get ahead on my Nanowrimo word count this thanksgiving week-end. Hopefully it all works out.
    Good luck on your revisions.

    ReplyDelete