Thursday, September 1, 2011

If I Could Squish a Chain Store, This Is the One I Would Pick

I have long had a very soft spot in my heart for Barnes & Noble.

When I was a teen, after Waldenbooks and B. Dalton closed in our local mall, a B&N opened and it definitely became my bookstore. I worked at a Barnes and Noble briefly (in the children's section!). I bought a Nook within a week of its initial release. And it's one of those stores that, if I'm in a strange place or town, I'll seek out for comfort. Green awning, coffee and books everywhere: basically a recipe for calming me down no matter what.

I'm really, super excited to say that The Mapmaker and the Ghost is now available for pre-order from Barnes & Noble! Check it out here.

By the way, if I ever walk into my hometown Barnes & Noble and see my book on the shelf there, I will probably die. You know, in the Rachel Zoe sense of the word.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book! How exciting for you. I hope to be there someday, too, but of course, I need the agent first!

    I moseyed over from Jeff King's Author's Union. He featured us both in his post today. He says your worth following, so I thought I'd do just that. Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy and welcome! Thanks for pointing out Jeff's post, too. I didn't realize he'd done that (how sweet of him!).

    Your blog is great too! I'm following you now. Good luck on your agent quest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait... I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and good luck! How terribly exciting for you. :) I wish I had a Barnes and Nobles closer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jeff & Laila!

    Laila, hopefully it'll be at a bookstore near you, anyway. :-) P.S. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love bookstores more than almost anything.

    And thanks for visiting my blog! I am actually writing--but the I'm Not Writing Anything Anymore, Dammit! blog helps me get rid of the ugly voices by making fun of them. I couldn't e-mail you, but I didn't want you to think I actually wasn't writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! What a great idea. I'll be following it. I can always use advice on how to avoid writing, too.

    ReplyDelete